CROCKETT FOUNDATION 4TH ANNUAL DERBY DAYS PREAKNESS PARTY
HONORING FORMER FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL
HEAD COACH BOBBY BOWDEN
Event will benefit Crockett Foundation’s youth mentoring and tutorial programs
WHAT: Crockett Foundation 4th Annual Derby Days Preakness Party at Sport of Kings Theatre located at Gulfstream Park on May 21st from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Crockett Foundation will honor the legendary Bobby Bowden, former Head Football Coach at Florida State University and author of “Called to Coach”. Guests are invited to come donned in their finest Derby Day attire to take in all of the race-day excitement of the Preakness Stakes.
- The party will include interactive entertainment, a live band, celebrity guests and a “Best Dressed & Best Hat” contest. The event will also include a raffle and silent auction.
- The event will benefit the Crockett Foundation and its educational programs with the mission to help build character, develop leaders, and improve communities – one child at a time.
- Gulfstream Park will also hold three horse races between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. in honor of The Crockett Foundation: Crockett Foundation Race, Meli Orthopedix Race and The Bobby Bowden Dash.
- In addition to former NFL Players and the founders of Crockett Foundation, Henri and Zach Crockett, celebrity guests will include the legendary Bobby Bowden, UM head Coach Mark Richt, retired NFL players Cornelius Bennett, Fred Taylor, Duane Starks, Sam Madison, Warrick Dunn, Snoop Marvin Minnis, Devin Bush, Louis Oliver, Marvin Jones and retired NBA and Miami Heat player, Eddie Jones. Special guests will also include Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel; School Board Member, Rosalind Osgood; Broward County Commissioner Chip LaMarca; Pompano Beach Mayor Lamar Fisher and Miramar Mayor Wayne Messam.
WHEN: Saturday, May 21st
VIP Bobby Bowden Meet and Greet: 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Derby Days Preakness Party: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
WHERE: Sport of Kings Theatre at Gulfstream Park
501 S Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
DETAILS: Tickets are $100 per person and VIP tickets are $150 per person and include the special Meet and Greet with Bobby Bowden. To purchase tickets or for sponsorship information, please call 954-200-1924 or visit www.crockettfoundation.org.
Sponsors of the event include: Meli Orthopedix MD, Breakthrough Beverage, Merrimac Ventures, Related Group, Audi Fort Lauderdale, Sabbia Beach, GreenbergTraurig, The Berman Law Group, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P., FBD Contracting Group, Stiles, Hooper Construction, Kaufman Rossin, SunTrust Mortgage, Conversion Whale, Whiting Turner, Charter Schools USA, Interiors by Steven G, Turnberry International Realty, Pernod Ricard USA, American Social, InWeston Magazine and Aventura Magazine.
About the Crockett Foundation
The Crockett Foundation is a South Florida based non-profit organization committed to improving quality of life and building strong communities locally and internationally, wherever there is a need. The mission is to provide educational opportunities, increase health awareness, inspire and equip today’s youth so that they may overcome social limitations, realize their full potential and grow to become productive and contributing members of tomorrow’s global community.
The Crockett Foundation continuously strives to build strong communities through its various educational, mentoring and tutorial programs. We aim to expand our ability to read, out and provide opportunities while effectively sparking hope, awareness and increased aspirations in our youth. For more information on the Crockett Foundation, visit www.crockettfoundation.org