Calling all Broward County Craft Cocktail Creators…The Greatest Show on H2O wants you to construct the Official Winterfest Cocktail and win a cool $1000 plus a trip to New Orleans’ Tales of the Cocktail Festival.
Winterfest is best known for it’s one of a kind Boat Parade, so they need an equally stunning cocktail. As the Winterfest Bartender Contest Chair, I will be popping in to participating bars and restaurants to interview, taste and spotlight our bartender contestants. I look forward to tasting your creations! Let’s start mixing and shaking.
This contest will consist of two parts
- VOTING: general voting October 15 – November 25/ Finalists announced November 27
- TASTING: mixologist tasting/competition is on Monday, November 30th, 2015
CRAFT IT ~ TASTE IT ~ SUBMIT IT
Broward County Bartenders have now til November 20, 2015 (rolling submission) to craft, create, submit via WooBox or email YOUR cocktail creation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the official rules to this contest click here.
- Bartender Name and email address
- Photo of YOU with Cocktail and RNDC product(s) used to make the cocktail
- Caption / Cocktail Name
By Submitting an entry, Bartenders agree to the rules. All recipes, photos and submissions become property of Winterfest, Inc. The 2015 Parade Theme is Fairy Tales Afloat.
Cocktail must feature at least one of the following Republic National Distributing Company brands: Brugal Rum, Cointreau, Corralejo Tequila, Fireball, Russian Standard Vodka, Rum Chata, Templeton Rye Whiskey, The Botanist, The Macallan, Famous Grouse, and Prosecco, Pacific Rim or Bodega Trivento wines. May also use Stella Artois if the cocktail requires beer.
VOTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA #WinterfestCocktail #RNDCHappyHour
Voting is the most important part of the contest, encourage all of your friends and family to vote. Voting polls open October 15, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. and the contest will run until November 25th, 2015 at 11:59. One random voter will win a vacation for two to Breezes Bahamas – Cable Beach in Nassau. Where do you vote?
- Facebook– Facebook.com/Winterfest.parade
- Weblink– http://woobox.com/gsvhz5
How cool is this: The establishment of the bartender with the most social media votes will host the Mixology Tasting Competition on Monday afternoon, November 30th, 2015. The top ten bartenders will be filmed by EyeOnMixologista as they recreate their entries. These top entries will then be judged by the RNDC Mixologist team:
- David Sewell-Ortiz, Lead Judge. Mixologist / Spirits Specialist at RNDC. Founding Chapter President of USBG Miami. Founding partner of the Alambiq brand consulting group and all around Miami bar guru, David lives and breathes the spirit life.
- Freddy Diaz, Thirsty Revivalist at Collectif 1806, President at AlambiQ and Ambassador for the Americas and the Caribbean at Les vergers Boiron
- Cricket Nelson, Tales of the Cocktail, the United States Bartenders’ Guild and Bombay Sapphire EAST “Most Imaginative Bartender”, the first-ever female to take the national title.
My Winterfest Bartender Series Interview Questions
- Known for …
- Your go-to Cocktail to serve is…
- Must have garnish…
- Favorite style of Classic Cocktail …
- Essential Bar accessory …
- How did you craft your Winterfest Cocktail …
- Tell me about yourself (60 words or less)
Renée Korbel Quinn | Mixology & Lifestyle Editor creating unique content for Eye on South Florida. Mixing up the latest in craft cocktails, craft beers and culinary experiences. Read my BITES column in Go Riverwalk Magazine and socialize with me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Member of the FRLA, USBG Miami, USBG Palm Beach and Tales 365. #GetSpiritedSouthFlorida
Interested in spirited experiences? Join our conSPIRITors by following our page #SpiritedSouthFlorida. Remember to #DrinkResponsibly